Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 8 - Two Days and Still No Visa


Sup peeps!
  
How´s everyone doing?  I hope all is well in this coming week.  This week has been very rough.  For one, we weren´t able to get our investigator into the font of water yet; which means she will have to be rescheduled and we haven’t been able to do that yet.  This week we dedicated a lot of time to finding new people to teach, but had no success.  I think we have about 60 hours contacting and most people weren’t home.  So, all those hours and no new investigators made this week a long one.

But the good news is that we are moving forward and pushing ahead. We also have two baptisms for this Saturday. I’m so excited because these people are the first lesson that I had here. Plus, we gave the sister a blessing on like day 2 of this area.  They also just got married, which hopefully the marriage plus the baptism will be the key factors in them staying active in the church.  In other news,  I had to go back to Monterrey for a couple of days.  It is about a 4 hour bus ride.  I then had to stay the night and then go get some paperwork for my permanent visa.  Then, another 4 hour bus ride back. Which means its 2 days that we were not productive and I didn´t even get my visa.  I have to go back again in a few weeks. Anyway, that was basically my week. I’m doing well. The church is true – yada, yada, yada....

With love 
Elder Stohel

No comments:

Post a Comment