Saturday, April 13, 2013

Week 6 - SPAF - German for April Fools?


Dear Family

This week has, and is, very interesting.  I got my visa last week, but, I didn’t get my travel plans until Wednesday.  So I didn’t know if I was actually leaving for Mexico until then.

As well as all that, this week we got a new district.  We got to host SPAF.  Now, I can’t remember what it actually stands for, but, when a new district comes in, the oldest district (my district) picks one Elder (me) to become a shy foreign kid who doesn’t speak any English.  So this week, I am a shy German kid who got called to a Spanish speaking mission – who doesn’t know English and won’t speak German because I want to go solo Spanish because that is where I was called.  Then on Saturday or Sunday night, if they haven’t caught on, I reveal my true nature and we all laugh.

The kid who did it to us is named Elder Heaps.  We had no clue he was actually from Utah.  It was hilarious.  Well, that’s all for this week.

With Love,
Elder Stohel

No comments:

Post a Comment